Asian ethylene trades above import LLDPE in China
This week, further decreases witnessed in the PE market, particularly for LLDPE, brought spot ethylene prices above the average import LLDPE price according to ChemOrbis Price Index, as can be seen from the graph below prepared by ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
This is not a sustainable situation, many players concur. “This is not the first time PE falls under ethylene; however, the market has to correct itself soon in order to bring the market back into balance,” said a player.
The question players are now asking is whether ethylene will need to fall or PE prices will need to rise. "There is a mismatch between buyers and sellers in the ethylene market, but sellers have been unwilling to lower their offers so long as ethylene supplies remain limited in the spot market," another player commented.
PE players in China, meanwhile, continue to wait for price decreases in the midst of weak demand. "Buyers would normally be building up some stocks ahead of the Chinese New Year holidays at this time, but we have not seen any real pick-up in demand yet. We export most of our bags to the US and we regard our sales as a bit disappointing," the buyer stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- test 17 subat
- test 12
- Asian styrenics rise cautiously as sellers wager on higher costs
- EN sayfa EN flash haber G deneme
- Price gap between PP and PE widens in China
- Will Taiwanese major roll over November PVC offers?
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low
- Homo PP offers below $1000 pervade China’s import market
- PP, PE prices in Mid-East and Africa set to remain weak until end of Q3