December PE increases exceed ethylene hike in Europe
A South European producer is giving offers for their December PE contracts with increases of €50/ton, citing short availability. A West European producer announced increases between €50-80/ton on their December PE prices, issuing the largest hikes on LDPE, LLDPE and HDPE film due to tight supply. A producer source commented, “Our new prices are subject to adjustment depending on demand and the market dynamics. However, we expect to see good buying interest so we think that prices will hover at around the current levels.”
In Italy, a distributor issued increases of up to €50/ton on their West and South European PE prices for December. “Supply is quite tight, except for HDPE injection. We are now observing the market after lifting our prices,” the seller commented. Some converters confirmed receiving initial PE offers up €50-60/ton from last month. One of the buyers reported ordering his regular volumes for the month and added that it’s low season for his applications until January. Another buyer stated that he is planning to make new purchases this week, adding that supply is short.
A distributor in Germany started giving December PE offers with increases of up to €80/ton, issuing the largest hikes on LLDPE and HDPE, for which his prices stood at the low ends of the ranges last month. Another distributor in Belgium lifted his December prices for locally-held Middle Eastern LDPE film by €50/ton, commenting that his stocks are quite low for the month.
A converter in France reported receiving higher PE offers for December and said that he is searching the market to make new purchases as he didn’t buy large volumes last month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- Local PP, PE markets in Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines follow imports higher
- Taiwanese major’s July PVC pricing exceeds initial expectations
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Dalian Futures Market: PP, LLDPE, PVC, MEG
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009