Egyptian, Saudi Arabian players receive Nov PP prices
In Saudi Arabia, a major local producer issued their new PP prices with decreases of SAR112/ton ($30/ton) from October. The producer, who had issued rollovers for October, had seen competition from other Saudi producers who had issued decreases and who had offered at more competitive levels during October.
In order to track weekly developments in the Middle East’s PP market, please see our Middle East Weekly PP Analysis (For members only)
The same Saudi producer revealed their new prices in Egypt, too. An end product manufacturer reported receiving new offers from the producer with rollovers from their initial October prices. However, their new homo-PP prices indicate increases of up to $100/ton when compared with their latest October levels. The producer had adjusted down their October prices by $20/ton at first. Following that initial adjustment, even lower prices had emerged in the market from the producer with up to $100/ton decreases during October. Therefore, when comparing the producer’s new November prices with their end-October levels, they indicate almost a $100/ton increase.
To track weekly developments in Egypt’s PP market, please see Egypt Weekly PP Analysis (For members only)
A converter who received these new November levels commented, “The producer’s allocations are limited for November while the market is weak and is not likely to absorb further hikes. We are now waiting to hear more prices from the region and we expect the rest of the Middle Eastern producers to follow a similar pricing policy.”
Meanwhile, another Egyptian converter reported receiving new November PP prices from a different Saudi Arabian producer. “The new November homo-PP prices indicate rollovers from the producer’s initial October levels although they are $40/ton above their latest October levels. However, like last month, we believe that discounts will be obtainable given slow demand,” commented the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- Local PP, PE markets in Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines follow imports higher
- Taiwanese major’s July PVC pricing exceeds initial expectations
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Dalian Futures Market: PP, LLDPE, PVC, MEG
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009