European ABS buyers take waiting stance amidst higher June prices
Trinseo announced increases of €40/ton on their June ABS prices in Europe, according to a statement on the company’s web site.
In France, a distributor issued increases of up to €40/ton on his June ABS prices for West European material, commenting, “Trading activities are quite weak as converters consider the current prices to be too high.” Another distributor lifted his ABS prices by €20-30/ton for June. A converter reported receiving June ABS offers with rollovers to increases of up to €40/ton from May.
Another converter in Austria reported, “We had been expecting to see some price relief in June, but suppliers are aiming for hikes of €30-40/ton on their June ABS prices. We will negotiate on our prices later in the month.”
A packaging producer in Germany reported receiving June ABS offers up €40/ton from last month. The buyer said that he is planning to wait before making new purchases, assuming that some price relief might be possible in the days ahead.
Some distributors in Italy issued increases of up to €40/ton for West European ABS. One of the distributors commented that demand is weak and added that buyers are resisting price hikes. A converter reported, “Locally-held Asian ABS is being offered mainly with rollovers for June. European producers were aiming for increases before another June styrene contract settled with rollovers on an FCA basis. We think that ABS hikes could see a correction in the upcoming days.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- Local PP, PE markets in Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines follow imports higher
- Taiwanese major’s July PVC pricing exceeds initial expectations
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Dalian Futures Market: PP, LLDPE, PVC, MEG
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009