European PE sellers announce price hikes despite stable ethylene
A West European producer announced increases of €40-50/ton on their November PE contracts. In the spot market, the producer raised their PE prices by €50-60/ton compared to the beginning of October, but stated that their prices might be subject to changes depending on buying interest. A producer source cited tight supply and strong demand as the main reasons behind their price hikes, commenting, “Our order books are already full in Germany and we do not expect to see any decreases for the remainder of this year.”
In Belgium, an agent of another West European producer started giving November PE offers with increases of €30/ton compared to his early October deals. The seller reported that he has already received some orders for November and said that his supply is only sufficient to meet his regular customers’ requirements.
In Italy, a distributor is giving November PE offers with increases of €50-60/ton compared to the beginning of October while these levels are suggesting rollovers from his late October prices. The distributor said that his supply is quite short, especially for HDPE, and reported hearing rumors in the market that PE prices won’t post any decreases at least until January.
Meanwhile, a converter reported receiving offers for November PE contracts with relatively smaller hikes of €20/ton from his regular suppliers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- Local PP, PE markets in Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines follow imports higher
- Taiwanese major’s July PVC pricing exceeds initial expectations
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Dalian Futures Market: PP, LLDPE, PVC, MEG
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009