October PVC prices emerging lower in Italy
A West European PVC producer started giving October offers with decreases of €15/ton in the spot market. A producer source did not exclude the possibility of further slight downward adjustments in the upcoming days, commenting that buyers are expecting to obtain discounts of €20/ton this month.
An agent of another West European producer lowered his PVC prices by €20/ton for October, reflecting half of the ethylene drop to his new prices and reported that his supply is regular.
A distributor offering Central European PVC also issued decreases of €20/ton on his October prices compared to his latest September deals. “We might concede to slightly larger discounts of €30/ton later in the month as demand is rather stagnant. Buyers are not rushing to make new purchases. Meanwhile, we are still not offering k64-65 as our supplier’s plant remains offline,” he reported.
A compounder received initial October offers with decreases of around €15-20/ton for different European origins and said that he is planning to accept the levels. Meanwhile, several other converters expressed their October buy ideas with decreases of €20-25/ton from last month, thinking that discounts slightly larger than half of the ethylene drop might be available considering sluggish demand amidst comfortable supply.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- Local PP, PE markets in Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines follow imports higher
- Taiwanese major’s July PVC pricing exceeds initial expectations
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Dalian Futures Market: PP, LLDPE, PVC, MEG
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009