South Africa to begin shale gas exploration in a year
So far, South Africa’s plans to begin shale gas drilling have been delayed due to environmental and economic concerns. Environmentalists claim that any exploration in the Karoo region may poison the region’s underground water supply.
Meanwhile, Royal Dutch Shell expressed their willingness to seek a license to conduct drilling activities in the region. The company reported that they are planning to spend $200 million for the first exploration phase of six wells if they are awarded a license.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Price gap between PP and PE widens in China
- Will Taiwanese major roll over November PVC offers?
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low
- Homo PP offers below $1000 pervade China’s import market
- PP, PE prices in Mid-East and Africa set to remain weak until end of Q3
- Expectations for Sept PP hikes fade, weakening ahead in Europe(Edited By Boş)
- Expectations for Sept PP hikes fade, weakening ahead in Europe (yazar bilgisinin çoklu girilmesi)
- US LDPE becomes latest target in tit-for-tat tariffs
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Headline EN 2