Spot PVC prices hit a record high in Italy
A West European PVC producer, who raised its offers by €60/ton, indicated that there could be further hike requests for the rest of the month. “We are not able to guarantee the full requirements of our customers due to our force majeure declaration, which remains in place,” said a company source.
Buyers are also aware of the degree of tightness across Europe. “On top of the already tight supplies, the high season for PVC applications may render sellers’ hand much stronger,” said a pipe maker in Italy. Buyers generally concur that it may be difficult to procure material this month too, expecting the initial hike requests of not more than €60/ton to materialize.
The force majeure declarations on PVC stemmed from outages at several major crackers. The same problem for ethylene feedstock supply has pushed spot PE prices to record high in Italy as well.
You can run a similar graph for PE by visiting ChemOrbis Price Wizard Tool (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- Local PP, PE markets in Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines follow imports higher
- Taiwanese major’s July PVC pricing exceeds initial expectations
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Dalian Futures Market: PP, LLDPE, PVC, MEG
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009