Turkey’s April imports hit a record high
More than 450,000 tons of polymers were imported in April, surpassing the record last broken in July 2013 with more than 445,000 tons of imports, as can be seen from the graph below prepared by ChemOrbis Stats Wizard.
There was a severe tightness concern that started in early February in almost all of the markets, which pushed buyers and resellers to actively seek cargoes during February and March. The tightness was so severe that some PP fibre and HDPE film buyers had to shut some of their lines due to lack of material and cancelled orders. Accordingly, the arrival of these cargoes throughout April resulted in record high imports on a monthly basis.
On a product basis, more than 150,000 tons of homo PP imports were recorded in April, displaying a record high on a monthly basis. It is also 17% above the nearest record broken in January 2014.
HDPE imports were also at an all time high in April with more than 75,000 tons. When compared to a month before, HDPE imports posted a gain of 42%. In comparison to the nearest record hit in May 2013, April imports signify an increase of 17% for HDPE as well.
For homo PP, PP copolymers, HDPE , LDPE, LLDPE, PS, PVC, ABS and PET, you can visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics by country to view exact import figures on a yearly and monthly basis in further detail .
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- Local PP, PE markets in Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines follow imports higher
- Taiwanese major’s July PVC pricing exceeds initial expectations
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Dalian Futures Market: PP, LLDPE, PVC, MEG
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009