Turkey’s top PP, PE suppliers shuffled
In the PP market, Saudi Arabia maintained its top place in the list of Turkey’s homo PP suppliers; however, there was a slump of 21% in imports from the country in January-August on a yearly comparison. Egypt, which was ranked as the fourth largest supplier of Turkey in 2014, already surpassed the imports recorded last year and raised its sales by 66% in the first 8 months of 2015 when compared to the same period of last year.
In January-August, Iran maintained its position in the 3rd place with a minor decrease of 2% whereas imports from India posted a noticeable drop of 46% on a year-over-year basis and fell to the fourth place. Homo PP offers of a major producer in India were mostly absent in the first 4 months of this year and re-emerged in May. India was ranked as the 2nd largest homo PP supplier of Turkey in 2014.
In the PE market, the most notable change was in the LDPE market, where imports from Saudi Arabia in the first 8 months of 2015 already outpaced the full imports recorded last year from this country. Representing an increase of 30% when compared to the same period of 2014, Saudi Arabia became the number 1 LDPE supplier in Turkey, dethroning Azerbaijan. The yearly increase of imports from Qatar was much larger at 66% as it became the 2nd largest supplier. Germany was ranked as the 3rd, increasing its market share by 31%.
As for HDPE, Saudi Arabia was still at its position of being the top supplier. Iran exported 12% more than the same period of last year and overtook South Korea to be the second largest supplier. Imports from South Korea were down by 10% on a yearly basis.
A similar situation was in place in the LLDPE market with imports from Saudi Arabia posting a yearly decrease of 6% while Iran was more aggressive in January-August as imports from this country were up by 14% on a yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- Local PP, PE markets in Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines follow imports higher
- Taiwanese major’s July PVC pricing exceeds initial expectations
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Dalian Futures Market: PP, LLDPE, PVC, MEG
- Vietnam’s homo-PP market plunges to lowest since 2009